Sewing can be a wonderful way to relax after a stressful day or week… Learn a new hobby and relax in our comfortable home in the French countryside…
This holiday is 7 nights/6 days long, with 3 days in the Studio.
COST: £500 or
£450 each if you bring one friend, £350 each if you bring two…
DATES: Sat 21st October to Sat 28th October.
The holiday will run on:
5th – 12th May 2018
5th – 12th October 2018
If neither of these dates is convenient for you, please contact me at: “firstname.lastname@example.org”
These holidays – with 3 days sewing included – do NOT include airport transfers, nor do they include any day/half day trips out. You will need to hire a car – or drive here in your own car – because we are situated in the countryside.
This holiday assumes no knowledge of using a sewing machine. It is variation on the “Learn to Sew in France” holiday – fewer Studio days, more time to relax and explore, but still the chance to learn new skills.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- to thread and use a domestic sewing machine
- about the different basic stitches and the tension
- how to sew straight and accurately
- the importance of pressing during manufacture
- the importance of accurate cutting
- stitching a seam and a hem
- couching with ribbon
- making and attaching a patch pocket
- using bias binding
- attaching a lining
WHAT YOU WILL MAKE:
- a tea towel
- a tote bag
- an apron
ITINERARY: You may need to be flexible when choosing which days to have as “Sewing Days” so I can plan my time.
SEWING DAY 1 – You’ll get to grips with the basics – using a sewing machine, threading, stitching straight, understanding the settings and dials. You will make a pincushion and a tea towel using your new skills!
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Studio times – please see the detailed description for an explanation. The supervised studio times are usually 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm, but some days may finish a little earlier. Obviously, you can have tea/coffee breaks when you wish! You’re very welcome to use the studio yourself out of these times.
- Some fabrics/threads etc will be provided, others you will need to bring with you – please email me for further information.
- Accommodation will be single occupancy of a double room with private/en-suite shower room/wc*. Please see the “Accommodation” tab for details, but we have two ground floor rooms ( Ouessant and Merino) and one first floor room (Rambouillet). If you take up the special offer and bring two friends, you will each have single occupancy of a double room but will share 2 shower rooms/toilets. (The 3rd room is our lovely large room “Jacob”).
- Meals – The holiday is self-catering – there is a large, open-plan kitchen/dining/sitting room and full cooking facilities.
- Numbers – We can accommodate 3 residential guests in single occupancy double rooms. However, if you are travelling with a friend or partner – participating or not – we can of course accommodate them too. Please contact me directly to discuss your requirements. Non-residential “students” may also join the group, but the max. numbers on this course is 6.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Flights to and from the UK and transfers to/from the accommodation.
- Holiday insurance.
Please contact me for further information: email@example.com
REVIEWS: There are some reviews on this website, but there are more on my Facebook pages, here: