This is still a week long holiday but with fewer days sewing… If you want to learn new patchwork and/or quilting techniques, but want your holiday to include more relaxing and exploring and just a couple of days sewing, this might be what you’re looking for…
This holiday is 7 nights/6 days long, with 3 days in the Studio.
COST: £500 or
£400 each if you bring one friend, £350 each if you bring two…
The holiday will run on:
21st – 28th April 2018
22nd – 29th September 2018
If neither of these dates is convenient for you, please contact me at: “email@example.com”
These holidays – with 3 days sewing included – do NOT include airport transfers, nor do they include any day/half day trips out. You will need to hire a car – or drive here in your own car – because we are situated in the countryside.
This holiday assumes some knowledge of – or experience in – using a sewing machine. It is variation on the “Exploring Patchwork and Quilting holiday” – fewer Studio days, more time to relax and explore, but still the chance to learn new skills.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Italian quilting
- English quilting
WHAT YOU WILL MAKE:
- lined tote bag
- eye mask and storage pouch
ITINERARY: You may need to be flexible when choosing which days to have as “Sewing Days” so I can plan my time.
SEWING DAY 1 – Today you will start to make a lined tote bag, which will include 3 different quilting techniques: Trapunto, Kantha and Italian.
SEWING DAY 3 – The final day focuses on English quilting – you’ll make a quilted storage pouch and scented eye mask.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Studio times – please see the detailed description for an explanation. The supervised studio times are usually 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm, but some days may finish a little earlier. Obviously, you can have tea/coffee breaks when you wish! You’re very welcome to use the studio yourself out of these times.
- Some fabrics/threads etc will be provided, others you will need to bring with you – please email me for further information.
- Accommodation will be single occupancy of a double room with private/en-suite shower room/wc*. Please see the “Accommodation” tab for details, but we have two ground floor rooms ( Ouessant and Merino) and one first floor room (Rambouillet). If you take up the special offer and bring two friends, you will each have single occupancy of a double room but will share 2 shower rooms/toilets. (The 3rd room is our lovely large room “Jacob”).
- Meals – The holiday is self-catering – there is a large, open-plan kitchen/dining/sitting room and full cooking facilities.
- Numbers – We can accommodate 3 residential guests in single occupancy double rooms. However, if you are travelling with a friend or partner – participating or not – we can of course accommodate them too. Please contact me directly to discuss your requirements. Non-residential “students” may also join the group, but the max. numbers on this course is 6.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Flights to and from the UK and transfers to/from the accommodation.
- Holiday insurance.
Please contact me for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
REVIEWS: There are some reviews on this website, but there are more on my Facebook pages, here: