This is still a week long holiday but with fewer days sewing… An ideal holiday for someone with some Textiles experience, and who wants to develop their skills but who also wants so relaxation and days out exploring…
This holiday is 7 nights/6 days long, with 3 days in the Studio.
COST: £500 or
£400 each if you bring one friend, £350 each if you bring two…
The holiday will run on:
10th – 17th March 2018
16th – 22nd June 2018
If neither of these dates is convenient, please contact me at: “email@example.com”
These holidays – with 3 days sewing included – do NOT include airport transfers, nor do they include any day/half day trips out. You will need to hire a car – or drive here in your own car – because we are situated in the countryside.
This holiday assumes some knowledge of – or experience in – using a sewing machine. It is variation on the “Creative Textiles” – fewer Studio days, more time to relax and explore, but still the chance to learn new skills.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- machined appliqué
- raw edge free motion appliqué
- manipulated tucking
- free machine embroidery
YOU WILL MAKE:
- lined tote bag
- cushion cover
- embroidered framed picture
ITINERARY: You may need to be flexible when choosing which days to have as “Sewing Days” so I can plan my time.
SEWING DAY 1 – You will make a lined tote bag decorated machine appliqué and possibly incorporating some couching.
SEWING DAY 2 – We will look at manipulating fabric with tucking to create a textured surface and you will make a beautiful cushion cover.
SEWING DAY 3 – Free machine/free motion embroidery is completely different from other kinds of sewing – it’s like drawing with the needle. It’s great fun, and with good resources, beginners can produce effective results. You’ll learn to draw with the needle, and then move on to raw edge appliqué, producing a small framed picture.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Studio times – please see the detailed description for an explanation. The supervised studio times are usually 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm, but some days may finish a little earlier. Obviously, you can have tea/coffee breaks when you wish! You’re very welcome to use the studio yourself out of these times.
- Some fabrics/threads etc will be provided, others you will need to bring with you – please email me for further information.
- Accommodation will be single occupancy of a double room with private/en-suite shower room/wc*. Please see the “Accommodation” tab for details, but we have two ground floor rooms ( Ouessant and Merino) and one first floor room (Rambouillet). If you take up the special offer and bring two friends, you will each have single occupancy of a double room but will share 2 shower rooms/toilets. (The 3rd room is our lovely large room “Jacob”).
- Meals – The holiday is self-catering – there is a large, open-plan kitchen/dining/sitting room and full cooking facilities.
- Numbers – We can accommodate 3 residential guests in single occupancy double rooms. However, if you are travelling with a friend or partner – participating or not – we can of course accommodate them too. Please contact me directly to discuss your requirements. Non-residential “students” may also join the group, but the max. numbers on this course is 6.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Flights to and from the UK and transfers to/from the accommodation.
- Holiday insurance.
Please contact me for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
REVIEWS: There are some reviews on this website, but there are more on my Facebook pages, here: